Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Reality TV has taken over the world

TV officially sucks, especially ESPN. Not only do they spend the entire college basketball season touting the "greatness" of the ACC, but they have now signed Bobby Knight to his own reality TV show. 'Knight School' is just one more show where a bunch of basketball hacks vie for their 15 minutes in the spotlight before they get laughed off the court. The premise of the show is 16 Texas Tech students enduring the "legendary" Knight practices for a chance to be a walk on in the 2006-07 season. Apparently, playing for Mr. Knight is a big deal, what with him being a legendary hot head and all.

Now if you hadn't already guessed, I am not a Bob Knight fan. I grew up a Hawkeye and had to deal with him in the Big 10. Watching Mr. Knight frequently throw tantrums, and even on occasion chairs, during games. Indiana finally had enough in 2000 and fired him. I couldn't have been happier. Later that same year Texas Tech named him their new head coach. Unfortunately at the time I was not thinking clearly about my future, and where exactly I was going to college. I ended up choosing Iowa State, and with it the Big 12... and got stuck again having to watch Bobby Knight basketball. Doh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was never a fan of his either. Adults with tempers and having tantrums are a pet peeve of mine. Some people are only adults in age and not in maturity however...