Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Alright already, keep your pants on

Jeez people... I know I haven't posted in a while. But seriously! How about you harass me about it just a little more. I haven't had much to write about lately. Things have been pretty quiet and uneventful. Too busy with work to find much to really bitch about :). I will give you one thing though; I absolutely hate the gas pumps in Missouri (or Misery as I prefer to call it sometimes). They're so weird and hard to use. They've got these weird little plastic tubing type stuff over the regular metal nozzle. I don't understand the purpose of them except to maybe totally frustrate and piss off out of towners. That and just normal use of the pump is odd. It really ticked me off today. And after a long day the last thing you need is to have a gas pump get the better of you.

I may have already told this joke (it's not mine, someone else told it to me) but you're going to get it again anyway:
Q: How do you raise the IQ in both Iowa and Missouri?
A: By moving the bottom row of Iowa counties into Missouri!
Ok, most people in Missouri, at least not in the city, aren't that dumb. Yes, there are some, but there are everywhere. I see stupid people all the time.

Another random thing about StL/Missouri is their obsession with baseball and in particular with the Cardinals. Now, for those of you who don't already know, I don't like baseball (and fyi, I don't like football either). I think baseball is one of the most boring games in the world to watch. I just do not see the attraction, unless you're looking for something to put you to sleep. Anyway, back to the point. Everything is about baseball, that's all anybody talks about. "How'd the Cardinals do last night?" I don't know and I don't really care. Now, if it were college basketball, it'd be a totally different story. I live for college basketball season, and especially March Madness. But not baseball. I never watch it on TV, and only ever go to the rare game under much protest. Oh well, seeing the reactions on people’s faces when I tell them I detest baseball is always fun.

No comments: